Career Information Page
Steps you should take in finding a career:
- Do a career interest survey like the one at The College Board. Also at the College Board is MyRoad.com. If you’ve taken the PSAT, then you have a free account at MyRoad - an excellent career exploration site.
- Look at various questionnaires that help you organize your thoughts and aspirations such as theUniversity of Waterloo.
- Read articles on careers and career searching at Career Magazine.
- Look at actual job openings and see what kind of salary, skill requirements, experience necessary, location, and future openings at a site like Careers.org
- Discover related careers in the categories that The Occupational Outlook Handbook provides.
- Or just click away at the sites below to explore the world of careers.
What can I do with a major in …..
These 46 pdf files show you occupations areas, likely employers, and strategies for getting jobs.
Click on the main menu in the center of this page under “What Can I Do With A Career In‘”
Try any of these sites to get information on a career path.
The Occupational Outlook Handbook has them all!
High Tech Careers
AlternativeYear – City Year
Occupational Outlook Handbook
Alternative – Up With People
Health Care Management